DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
IN CONJUNCTION WITH
CENTRE FOR CONTEMPORARY ECONOMICS AND ALLIED RESEARCH
Cordially invites you to their 1st International Virtual Conference.
GLOBAL PANDEMIC, ECONOMIC GROWTH AND
DEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA
Date: 7th – 8th February, 2022 @ Princess Alexandra Avenue, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Call for Abstracts:
Abstracts submission are invited for the 1st International Virtual conference of the department of Economics, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Academics, researchers,civil society organizations, practitioners and postgraduate students are all encouraged to submit policy-relevant papers for inclusion in any of the sub-theme of the conference.
Abstract submission deadline is now extended to 31st January, 2022.
Conference Fee: Presenter – N10,000. Co-author – N3000.
Account Name: Centre for Contemporary Economics and Allied Research
Bank Name: GTB – 0212893367
Important Conference Dates:
Notification of acceptance for selected abstracts on rolling basis.
Latest day of payment; 1st February, 2022.
All abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com
The aim of the conference is to understand how Sub-Saharan African countries have been managing the Covid-19 pandemic and their economic growth recovery plan. The focus is to mainstream managing the pandemic into economic growth and development policies in Sub-Saharan African countries. It is our expectation that the
outcomes of the conference would help to shape policy making in these countries. Conference Sub themes:
• Economic recovery in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic
• Achieving economic growth and development during the Covid-19
• Health and productivity in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic
• Global pandemic and high energy prices
• Governance, economic recovery and inclusive growth in Africa during the
• Economic recovery and diversification
• Global pandemic and supply chain management
• Global pandemic and social safety nets
• Global pandemic and public expenditure management
• Religious beliefs and vaccine hesitancy
• Insecurity, global pandemic, and political instability
• Global pandemic, agriculture, food security and poverty
• Global pandemic, migration and law enforcement
• Global pandemic and financial innovations
• Climate change and environment
• Global pandemic, Educational technology and innovations
• Global pandemic and SMEs
• Covid-19, tourism, sports and hospitality management
• Gender, inequality and social inclusion
Further enquiries on submitting an abstracts, registrations and conference Please
call +2348035077722, 2348161179712, +2348038559299