The journey of life is a tedious one. Only the strong willed conquer. To make the most of your life, you need strength from within and outside. To get better than you were yesterday you have to keep making efforts towards positive change, efforts towards successes. Here are a few tips that could help you facilitate your efforts towards striving for the best especially as a student or a young person who have a future to work out.
- Be yourself: No faking. No pleasing of anyone. No giving a damn what the next man feels about you. Let people know you and respect you for who you truly are. Your lifestyle is what makes you unique, it is what distinguishes you among your folks, it’s the reason people would want to mingle with you. Know where are coming from. And always be at your best.
- Be selfish: Life is a selfish journey. Never try to live up to the expectations of others, friends, enemies, the authorities, the church. Live up to your own set out expectations. Look out for yourself first before everyone else.
- Shun fear: Fear is dreadful. Half of the people who didn’t live their dreams where conquered by fear. You have to develop a thick skin and grow bold. How can you achieve this? Become indifferent to the effects of things that are known or unknown. See yourself as an entity that has got all it takes to conquer any space. Approach every matter with courage. You shall excel.
- Develop self confidence: The greatest way a person can improve his or her confidence is through knowledge. Always work to know more than others. Read books on different subjects, read extensively on books relating to your field. Know a lot of things. That should usher some level of confidence to you. Soar in self confidence. Believe that there’s nothing you can not achieve when you try.
- Chase after your dreams: Always see reasons why a proposal should work and not only why it shouldn’t work. Never believe your dreams are too big. Be intentional about your dreams, goal and aspirations. With the right drive and hustle, you can be all you want to be.
- Be a go getter. Be a mover. Make things happen. Be dynamic and create a positive impact wherever you are. Be versatile. Be an achiever.
- Be positive always: This would make you achieve more in life. Negativity goes along with failure and sadness. Be positive about what you want to achieve. Positivity give the atmosphere a sweet aura.
- Don’t compete with anyone: There’s generally no sweepstakes in life. Every man is on a different race, different path, there’s no winner or loser. Even if you must compete, compete rather with your past achievements. Strive to achieve more than you have done previously. Compete with the habits that draws you back. Do not measure your accomplishments with that of others.
- Be genuinely happy for other people’s progress and yours would come.
- Don’t be slothful or lazy: Be hard working and never relent on striving for higher heights.
- Be smart: a smart person is a thoughtful person. Know when to act and act. Know when to back out. Know what to do at every point in time. Identify your potentials and passions.
- Never forget to give yourself treats or some breaks from time to time. Don not have Stoic philosophy or always suffering without a break.
- Connect with people: The network of people you make now are the connections you may rely on in the future. Keep friends, get acquainted with people. Be part of good circles and teams.
- Prepare for after school life while in school:
✍️ Aniekwe Angela Chidiogo